- 03 Feb 2022
- All Day
A New HR Capability Model
One Day Think Tank
Covid-19 and the impact of the 4IR is having a tremendous effect on the world of work. One can almost say the earth moved by a few degrees!
Digitisation, automation, robotics, remote- and hybrid work is challenging HR practices like never before. The general consensus being that organisations have to become more human centric. As Paul Norman, Group Chief Human Resources Officer at MTN puts it: “If business want to succeed in the new world, they must have top human-centered systems to tap into the true potential of their employees.’ (1)
These developments have an impact on the complete value chain of Human Resources Management including Talent Development, Remuneration, Employee / Industrial Relations, Wellness, Organisation Development and Change.
It is imperative that we renew our look at the HR Capabilities for now and the future.
Against this background Knowledge Resources has embarked on a project to develop a HR Capability Model which could serve the HR Profession up to 2030. The HR Capability 2030 model will assist the HR Profession (Practitioners and Academia) to proactively be future ready.
To start the project, we invited International and South African experts and Thought Leaders to participate at a one-day think tank to be held on 3 February 2022. International organisations that are participating include Bersin and ATD. A strong contingent of South African experts is also on the programme.
The outcome of the day will act as the first step in developing the HR 2030 capability model.
Join this high-level Think Tank session, contribute and make an impact on the future of HR!
One Day Think Tank A New HR Capability Model | 3 February 2022
3 February 2022
- Welcome | Chairpersons opening remarks
- 08:30 - 10:30
- Setting the Scene + Think Tank
- Prof Shirley Zinn, Ceo: Shirley Zinn Consulting, Non Executive Director at MTN, Boston Consulting Group, World Wildlife Fund, Spur, Afrocentric and Sanlam AND Sthembiso Phakathi, Director Human Capital, Deloitte
- 10:30 - 10:50
- Morning break
- 10:50 - 11:50
- Bersin’s HR Capability Model
- Henry Chandler, Partner: Middle East and Africa, Josh Bersin Academy
- 11:50 - 12:30
- Talent Management Capabilities
- Bedelia Theunissen, Head of HR: Commercial Businesses, AECI AND Jeff Phiri, Director: Talent and Learning, DHL AND o Travis Stephenson, Group Head: Talent
- 12:30 - 13:30
- Lunch break
- 13:30 - 14:00
- ATD Model
- ATD video presentation
- 14:00 - 14:30
- OD and Change Capabilities
- Sonja Blignaut, Founder, More Beyond
- 14:30 - 15:00
- SIOPSA Model
- Prof Theo Veldsman, Work Psychologist, Visiting and Extra-Ordinary Professor and best-selling Author
- 15:00 - 15:30
- Afternoon break
- 15:30 - 16:00
- REM – Capabilities
- Lindiwe Sebesho – Executive: Remuneration, Performance Optimisation and Talent, Barloworld AND Craig Raath, Executive Director, 21st Century
- 16:00 - 16:30
- Integration + End of Day