- 04 - 05 May 2022
- 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Management 3.0 Fundamentals Workshop 2022
2022 Dates and Times
Session 1: 04 May 2022, 08:30 -11:00 SAST
Session 2: 05 May 2022, 08:30 -11:00 SAST
Session 3: 09 May 2022, 08:30 -11:00 SAST
Session 4: 10 May 2022 08:30 -11:00 SAST
About the event
To thrive in our new world of work we need to change structures and processes, and business models have to be adapted to new requirements. The way we’ve always managed people also needs to change.
There are currently a plethora of management models and theories available. The problem is that managers and leaders don’t always know how to implement them in practical terms and what is relevant for our new world of work. For example, what can you do concretely, on a Tuesday afternoon, to be a better leader and manager?
People need actionable advice, things they can start doing from the word go. That’s where Management 3.0 comes in.
Management 3.0 is not another framework, it’s a mindset, combined with an ever-changing collection of tools and practices to help any manager improve the organisation.
This workshop is recommended for:
All managers, team leads, leaders, HR managers and directors, agile coaches and scrum masters.
The following modules will covered over four sessions:
- Management and Leadership
- Learn the different management approaches and what is Management 3.0
- Become acquainted with the six views of Management 3.0 and the definition of every view.
- Discover why it’s is important to manage the system and not the people.
Come to know the five Management 3.0 principles and their application in organisations:
- Engaging people and their interactions
- Improving the system.
- Helping to delight all clients.
- Managing the system, not the people.
- Co-creating work.
- Complexity Thinking
- Learn why it is important to understand Complexity Thinking in a Management 3.0 context.
- Learn a complexity model to understand the differences states of a system, and how organisations fit in this model.
- Obtain eight guidelines to deal with complexity and how to apply the eight guidelines in your organisation.
- Motivation and Engagement
- Learn why is it important to motivate people, and what is the need for motivation.
- Discover the dangers of a generic employee engagement program in an organisation
- Get introduced to the ten motivators of the CHAMPFROGS model: Curiosity, Honor, Acceptance, Mastery, Power, Freedom, Relatedness, Order, Goal and Status.
- Find out how does “Manage the system, not the people” relate to motivation?
- Learn how to use the Moving Motivators Tool.
- Delegation and Empowerment
- Understand empowerment and distributed control, and why is this important in every organisation
- Understand that people will behave as they are treated.
- Discover why a complex system cannot be managed from one central node and what is a better approach in a Management 3.0 context.
- Get to know a better approach to the concept of superiors and subordinates, and learn that managers and leaders can be empowered by teams.
- Understand delegation is not black and white and get comfortable using the seven levels of delegation: Tell, Sell, Consult, Agree, Advice, Inquire, and Delegate.
- Learn how to set up a Delegation Board, using the tool Delegation Poker.
- Remote Teams
- Learn how to effectively manage remote teams in a new hybrid workplace
- Discover the benefits and disadvantages of remote teams for people and organisations.
- Learn the definition of asynchronous work in the context of remote teams.
- Understand what is needed to make asynchronous work possible and the advantages for an organisation when applying asynchronous work.
- Better Feedback
- Become equipped to support co-workers in creating an organisation where it is normal to give and receive feedback
- Understand the power of giving effective and constructive feedback.
- Learn why the feedback sandwich should not be used when giving feedback.
- Receive alternative tools to assist you in providing feedback to your team members.
- Change Management
- Learn how best to implement and support change in your organisation
- Understand how much change an organisation can process.
- Learn why changing the environment can help you to change behaviour of people to support a change.
- Acquire different strategies to support people who have a different acceptance of a change.
- Receive different tools to support your change in the organisation.
After the workshop, each attendee will receive an international Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop certificate, all the workshop materials, games, tools, additional resources, and unlimited support from the facilitator.
About the Facilitator
Zia is a certified Management 3.0 facilitator and completed her training in the Netherlands where Management 3.0 originated. She is skilled in knowledge creation, career development, organisational development, coaching and facilitation. She holds a Master of Management specialising in Business and Executive Coaching from Wits Business School and is a registered Psychometrist.
She currently heads up the Research, Marketing and KR Communities at KR. Zia also supervises students on the MBA and MMBEC programmes at Wits Business School.
Prior to her current role, Zia was the Head of the Centre for Career Advancement at KR and Manager: Psychometric Advisory Services at JvR Africa Group.
Rating from past attendees who attended the Management 3.0 public workshop: 9.6/ 10.
- A headset (not compulsory but recommended)
- Strong internet connection
REGISTRATION FEES (excl. VAT)
Management 3.0 Fundamentals Online Workshop | Normal Fee R6 500.00
KR Community Members R5 200.00