The goal of this book is to link the various processes of the learning and development cycle to deliver sustainable impact sessions to determine the true value of learning and development.
Organisations have processes, systems, policies, infrastructure, information technology, human and financial resources and a host of other elements in place. What will assist them in achieving a competitive advantage? A knowledgeable, skilled workforce. This is the fundamental reason for millions of Rands being spent on learning and development. The question is what is the value of this investment in learning, and how might this value be determined?
In order to arrive at a final answer, examine the following questions:
WHY DO WE NEED TO DETERMINE THE VALUE?
What is the business case for implementing learning and development objectives?
WHAT BEHAVIOUR HAS CHANGED?
Apply any of the 16 global measures to determine the area of impact.
HOW DO YOU DETERMINE THE IMPACT OF LEARNING?
Isolate non-training variables to determine the true value of learning.
Apply the ROI formula to measure the impact.
Determine the Rand value and ROI % as a result of learning.
WHEN IS THE PROCESS IMPLEMENTED AND EVALUATED?
Implementing the ETD cycle – the steps from needs analysis, design and development to learning delivery and final evaluation.
1. The need to determine the value of learning and development
2. Competency models
3. Measuring the value of learning and development
4. Evaluating the value of learning and development
Determine the true value of learning and development also includes practical examples and case studies.
WAYS OF CREATING VALUE FOR LEARNING:
1. Link training objectives to strategic development initiatives.
2. Revisit the job description.
3. Identify key performance indicators.
4. Conduct a needs analysis.
5. Identify SMART performance objectives.
6. Measure the area of increased performance.
7. Evaluate the impact of learning.