Employment Contracts for The New World of Work deals with the employment contract in South Africa and the importance of this document as the foundation of the commercial relationship between the employee and the employer.
It describes the nature and relevance of the contract of employment, the essential components and conclusion of the contract, the legislative framework and aspects related to breaches of the contract, as well as repudiation and the termination of the contract.
The authors discuss employment issues as they relate to the ‘new normal’, including topics such as Remote and Hybrid Working, and the effect this has had on managerial control and authority.
Employment Contracts for The New World of Work provides practical assistance and information to the entrepreneur, business owner, front-line manager, trade union representative and official, who is, no matter how experienced, always in need of a quick reference guide and source of knowledge.
- Identifying the Parties to The Contract
- The Legislative Framework
- The Contract of Employment: Formation, Contents and Format
- Termination of Employment
- Pushing the Frontiers of Traditional Employment – Working from Home (WFH) And Hybrid Working
- Repudiation Breaches of Contract and Remedial Rights
- Disputes and Dispute Processes
Including a free Toolkit with Sample Contracts, Guidelines, Policies, Procedures and Statutory Regulations.