Authors: Dr Mark Bussin and Dr Christina Swart-Opperman
Hardcopy price: R359
E-Version price: R323
Published: April 2022
The new world of work has created unprecedented challenges for human resource practitioners. This book prompts exciting conversations on the question of: “What is the role of job evaluation”.
With the developing concepts of blended work, work from anywhere and contingent workers, job evaluation systems will need some careful thought. One size and approach may not suit all situations and suggestions are offered on how to deal with these differing situations.
The next domino after job evaluation is often remuneration, because pay scales are attached to the grades. Equal pay for work of equal value is probably one of the biggest focus points globally and clarity is offered in this book. The vertical pay gap and horizontal pay gap sometimes stem from the remuneration philosophy around pay scale design. This book clarifies how to do job evaluation in a changing world, how to develop pay scales and how to achieve equal pay for work of equal value.
- What is Job Evaluation?
- Job Evaluation in the new world of work
- The Rise of the Contingent Workforce
- How to carry out the Paterson job evaluation
- The impact of job evaluation on salary structures
- Equal pay for work of equal value
- Measuring income inequality – a holistic approach
- The psychological impact of the new way of job evaluation