The world of work is changing exponentially. Rapid technological innovation and global forces are compelling businesses to disrupt traditional models and adopt new digital strategies and skills to compete. This requires new future-fit thinking, as well as the ability to learn, adapt, experiment and fail fast. Whilst technology may be threatening to replace many repetitive or replicable human activities, there is still a critical need for thinking and skills that will enable innovation, customer engagement, responsiveness, adaptability, cross-boundary teamwork, virtual teams and personal health, success and fulfillment.
In PowerUp8: Discover the 8 critical capabilities to navigate an unpredictable world, Debbie Craig reveals why the world needs more people who are:
- Intensely curious (about themselves, others and the world),
- Originally creative (experimenting, learning and willing to fail),
- Courageously committed (to their vision for self, team or cause),
- Consciously choosing (where to focus attention and how to show up),
- Critical thinkers (who can resolve dilemmas and make meaning out of noise),
- Trust building collaborators (that combine perspectives and strengths into lasting relationships and value),
- Change influencers (that navigate the maze of change for positive impact) and,
- Generous contributors (that build lasting healthy communities).
PowerUp8: Discover the 8 critical capabilities to navigate an unpredictable world offers readers a guide to rapidly build the most important beliefs and habits required for success in the next decade. These 8 capabilities have been carefully chosen from a unique combination of research and practical experience in developing organisations, leaders and learners over the last 20+ years.
What others are saying about this book:
“We are all aware that knowledge is not enough and Debbie provides a powerful roadmap to developing new skills through “doing”. I wholeheartedly recommend that you buy this book and use it to build a more powerful you to take on our exciting future.”
Mark Cotterrell, Chairman and CEO: MAC Consulting
“PowerUp8 is a greatly valuable source of inspiration, it provides energy and learning optimism to develop yourself further beyond this book. The ability to ‘manage change’ in the current VUCA world requires new thinking and the ability to learn and continually experiment. Debbie provides tools and guidance to set yourself up for success in the years to come. A great gift to leaders who want to leave a great legacy and positive impact on the people around them.”
Kurt Droeshout, COO: Ismaeel Abudawood Trading Company, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia