Employment relations in South Africa have had many seasons, and yet one element remains constant: employee dissatisfaction. The South African employee has fought hard for the legislation that we now see in place and yet the dissatisfaction continues to mount.
This book looks at contemporary issues experienced by many South African employees and their employers. The intent is to appreciate the ever changing landscape of employment relations in South Africa, and to appreciate the diversity, complexity and newness South African employee relations has to offer.
– South African employment relations in context
– The role and purpose of employee relations in the South African workplace
– Sufficiently representative trade union access to the workplace
– Union density
– Collective bargaining and negotiation: A South African landscape
– Temporary employment
– Employee voice
– Constructive dismissal: An avenue seldom travelled
– Code of Good Practice on the handling of Sexual Harassment
– Workplace bullying
– Repercussions of workplace gossip
– HIV/AIDS and the role of the HR practitioner