Using South African case studies and examples benchmarked against global best practices, the areas of focus covered in the book include:
- the way you execute your strategy
- the way you organise your people in order to achieve your strategy
- how you recruit
- retain and manage your talent
- how you reward and celebrate their success
- the way you measure your efforts to achieve your strategy and implement the controls you need to achieve it
- the values you embed that all stakeholders need to buy into
- how you manage the change leadership that is required to make all of this happen
It will require both revolutionary and evolutionary changes to remodel your organisation and adopt the actions and behaviours required from leaders who create High Performance Organisations.
The aim is to provide you with frameworks and techniques that you can use in your quest to aid your organisation in its shift towards ‘New Economy’ practices. The ﬁrst two chapters provide background information on the New Economy and the values shift that is driving organisations to change. Chapter 3 introduces the Beehive − the main framework upon which our New Economy practices are based. Each of the seven Beehive elements is dealt with as separate concepts in chapters 4 to 10, and each chapter covers the pertinent best practice research, case studies, and ‘how-to’ techniques of a Beehive element. The authors have designed the chapters to include theory, practical examples and ‘hands-on’ exercises or self-assessment instruments, and each Beehive chapter ends with key leadership questions to assist you on your quest.