This is a book about people in organisations developing love for themselves, others, communities and nature. It offers an opportunity to see afresh, to envisage courageously and to position yourself differently. To bring hearts, minds and wills to bear on the world around us. The life we live inside our organisations influences every other part of our lives.
Here is a way to embrace the philosophy and practice of becoming a virtuous organisation and giving a dazzling performance. The book helps you to define where you are in your current experience of your organisation, and how you can shift things within yourself and around you.
This is more than an adaptive or compliance process. It is about necessary, compelling and radical change and the authors show how it can, and has been done:
- Seeing the need.
- Arriving at the right values.
- Aligning individual and organisation values
- Determining appropriate behaviour indicators.
- Entrenching the values so that they become spontaneously lived virtues
The mind-set, methods and techniques used during the process are important in each of these steps, especially the last where precious few have succeeded. Virtues drawn from the life and works of Leonardo da Vinci, and which span all cultures and generations, illustrate what is possible.
- Choosing and prioritising values
- How are you living your personal values
- Are we a congruent organisation?
- Using anecdote circles to find out what shape your business is in
- Personal mindfulness checklist
- Do we have organisational blind-spots?
- What shadow-side factors should we be aware of in our organisation?
- How Integrated are we as an Organisation?
- The seeds of love
- Ethical behaviour
- Putting balance into the balance scorecard
- Readiness for the journey