Author: Dr Charles Du Toit
Hardcopy price: R299.00
E-version price: R269.00
Published: October 2022
Trust-Based Leadership is the leadership approach required to thrive as a leader in the new world of work.
In Trust-Based Leadership , Dr Charles Du Toit brings you the nine principles to lead successfully today, whether you are a business leader, public sector leader, community leader, or in any other leadership position.
The nine principles include:
- Leadership is more than a one-size-fits-all.
- Leadership is first a form of human relationship.
- Relationships are about connection and trust.
- Within a leadership relationship, the leader is responsible for the relationship.
- Leaders build trust through switching off auto pilot and deliberately connecting.
- Leadership moments amplify the connection/trust experience.
- Leadership is influence – the product of trust and connection.
- The alternative to leadership influence is command and fear.
- An organisation’s culture reflects its leadership.
What people are saying about this book
Leadership is as much an art as it is a science; it is not an easy topic to deal with. Charles shares many deep understandings in his book and it will serve as a very useful guide to all those who have been tasked with the leadership mantle. – Billy Tom, President and CEO, Isuzu Motors South Africa
Given the post-pandemic phase we are in, where we have to explore, discover and develop new approaches to leadership, the usefulness of this book is not in the answers it provides, but in the questions it raises in the mind of the reader. In this way, it will serve the purpose of stimulating mindful and purposeful self-reflection. – Dr Anton Verwey, Executive Strategy and Innovation, inavitiQ (Pty) Ltd
The focus on nine principles and the reflection exercises simplifies a huge topic often associated with charismatic characters into something that is possible for each of us to achieve. – Cathy Albertyn, Group People & Culture Officer, Coa-Cola Beverages Africa